[at-l] AT II -- Desert Edition

Friends, it is with great joy that I share with you some wonderful news.

As you know, nearly all of the Appalachian Trail is east of the Mississippi. This poses a problem for those of us who live in the West but desire to hike the AT. Fortunately the United States Government owns 74.3% of the entire state of Nevada, including the radioactive parts. And that same U.S. Government has agreed to donate a strip of land 20 feet wide and 2160.2 miles long for us to build An Exactly Historically and Anatomically Correct Facsimile of the Appalachian Trail. Right here in Nevada. We've still got some technicalities concerning water rights, grazing permits, and funding to think about. And our state isn't 2160.2 miles long. But all of the groundwork has been laid.

Over the coming days and weeks, I'll be sharing with you the progress made on... :::::Appalachian Trail II -- The Desert Edition:::::: Stay tuned...

Lucian ("Bristlecone")