Re: [at-l] tents

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 18:24:10 EST MLodowski@aol.com writes:
>does anyone know about/ use a kelty ZEN?  it seems alot like a clip
>flashlight, and at $110

My buddy and I used it for a week in the Wilderness. Found the tent easy
to set up (including the rainfly at 2 AM in a HUGE rainstorm) , light
weight for two people, good ventilation,  was bone dry in the downpours
that happened (when the fly was put on!), and had a vestibule large
enough to cook under.  It was not spacious by any means, but we had ample
room for our sleeping bags, with boots and cooking gear in the vestibule.
A good bang for the buck tent. One I plan on buying as well. Can't always
bum a two person tent off my buddy! :)

For whatever it is worth, in the recent gear guide, Backpacker Magazine
also gave it favorable reviews..

Mags