RE: [at-l] Garvey excerpts, sort of...

		Okay, I went and picked up the Garvey book and opened it
to page 62, May
		30. Let me give you a little taste...The first sentence
or two from each
		entry should give you the flavor of it...

		May 30 - Up several times during night, and up for good
at 6:10am.
		Barbara up at same time to make an excellent pancake
breakfast...

		May 31 - Up at 6am, temperature 44 degrees. Got stove
going within
		minutes and had two packages of instant oatmeal, peanut
butter, and
		coffee... <<

I assume you're reading from the '90 Garvey hike that was published a
couple years back. If so it sounds as boring as the original version. I
wonder why he wrote, or better yet charged people to read it.

The best thing about the '71 version is that it had lot's of information
that is current found in the modern Thru-Hiker's guides. Since there
weren't any other guides on how to hike the trail at time. It was all we
had. The AT Data book wasn't published until '77.

Even then it was in it's current North->South layout. A layout that's
more based on tradition than reason. At least according to it's author.
Of course since we hiked South it was just right.

Fallingwater.