Re[2]: [at-l] A.T. Books

     Sly wrote:

     snippety~~~
What I found interesting this year as my hiking speed built up, it was almost
like the trail was running under me, that I was standing still, with lots of
time to see the roses, if not smell them.  I felt this not only on the flats
but anywhere I had good footing and could let it out.  Of course I didn't
always have this sensation, but when I was in the "zone", so to speak.  I'm
pretty sure other hikers have this sensation but, do trail runners?

     ****Yes! Yes! That's it!
     It's like going to Warp Speed: everything blurs for a moment, then
     becomes clear. In your vision, rocks are replaced by treadway,
     trees by the forest, boulders by landforms, the individual bubbles
     of a brook by the holistic gathering of it's entire course down
     the mountain, in one stellar view.
     And you, sometimes, just seem to float along like on one of those
     airport people-mover flat escalators, watching the landscape
     change as you go.