Re: [at-l] Garvey

In a message dated 1/27/99 6:08:48 PM, patv@falcon.cc.ukans.edu writes:

<< And eating tons of fruitcake. (BTW, the newspaper today had a recipe for
pumpkin
fruitcake with over 400 calories per slice. Anybody want the recipe?)

I sure had never thought of fruit cake--or mincemeat--before starting on this
book. Am giving it somewhat skeptical consideration. If you're serious about
the recipe-sure, I'll take it. Pumpkin fruit cake sounds interesting. If it
would be a pain to copy and doesn't sound too good, don't bother.

<<FWIW, I thought the Garvey book was dreadfully boring and repetitive. It's
the
only book on the AT I've put down before finishing. >>

I'm not too far into it, but I have felt like there's more about who comes to
meet him on the trail than on the trail itself. Thought maybe it was just my
reaction.
Vcat