[at-l] Hello, is Trangia there?

Tim Hewitt wrote:

> I've recently dumped my white gas stove in favor of a Trangia alcohol
> stove
> (http://www.trangia.se). I made this decision based on a couple of factors:
>   1) There are no moving parts to break
>   2) Fuel is widely available
>   3) it is lightweight
> -Paddler

I concur. I started out with my trusty old Peak 1. (Well, actually, it
was my new Peak 1, but the point remains the same.) Then, Kay K. Harvey
came and hiked with us. His pack weighed half as much as everyone else's,
and yet he had twice as much stuff. A lot of it frivolous luxuries
(palmtops and cellphones and fax machines and shackles...) Anyway, when
he left he took my heavy old Peak 1 and left me with his Trangia. My plan
was to use it until the weather got too cold for it to be effective. It
was still cooking at 5* the last two nights. It was less efficient and
sootier (mental note: Log in 'sootier' as future word of the day), but
still worked and WAS STILL LIGHT. Now, my Peak 1 rests it burner in the
DC area at Amy Friends palacial domicile. It will be meeting me at the
Ruck.

BTW, when I was hiking with Calamity Jane and Lucky Luke (they used a
Dragonfly) the joke was always something to the affect of "When did
Boeing start making stoves?" or "Flight Three-two-niner, clear for
landing on runway b17." I'd then ask Jane if she wanted to use my
tweezers and she look at me all puzzled and say "What for?"

> Tim Hewitt, Scoutmaster
> Troop 350, Old Orchard Beach, Maine
> Eagle '74

I went to school with a guy named Tim Hewitt that was an Eagle Scout in
1974 and lived near Old Orchard Beach, Maine. Are you hi..., oh, wait, he
was in Troop 351. Wrong guy...

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98