[at-l] Hoosiers

While I was incarcerated in Ft Wayne IN, during the school year 1996-7,
I heard on WOWO (one of those stations that gave hog reports in with
the top 40) that some professor had determined that the term came from
the pioneer days when as someone approached a cabin, the occupant would
call out "who's there?"  which sounded much like Hoosier.  Another
IU Professor that same year came out with the recommendation that if an
oncoming driver has his high beams on, you also should put your's on so
that you can see better.  Two blind drivers with Indiana plates is a
scary thought.  Note to Felix: Do you still get your drivers licenses at
Sears Roebuck without a test?

Rich