Re: [at-l] Hoosier State Insignia

The Hoosiers are interesting. I've heard that at one time the Indiana
State Legislature seriously considered mandating that the number
Pi (the ratio of the circumference of a circle to the diameter) be
exactly equal to 3, rather than the irrational number 3.14159......

Maybe that's just a myth (I hope). Correct me if I'm wrong. (Don't
want to change the diameter of my hiking pole. The circumference
fits my hand just right as it is. :-)

Although I'm from Michael Jordan's home state (NC) and enjoy the
honor accorded to basketball, it is still just a game. Agriculture is
vastly more important. Indiana should keep the hoe in its insignia.
I'm appalled by this information.

Perhaps Bobby Knight is going to run for governer?

Richard