Re: [at-l] Slackpacking the Whites

In a message dated 1/22/99 1:53:09 PM EDT, bettysue@mcintyres.com writes:

<< We plan to carry winter clothing for the
 Whites, and, depending on the shape we're in, might decide to carry
 packs.  We just don't know.  But, we'd like to have a backup plan, just
 in case we wimp out.   >>

It would be very easy to slackpack the whites. However it will cost. $62 pre-
night non-member, $49 three nights non-member. For all rates check out their
web site. The AMC Hiker Shuttle is $ 8.00 for non-members.
For all of these huts and camp it would be about, $500.00 pre person or more.

Lonesome Lake
Greenleaf
Galehead
Zealand Falls