Cc:            "'at-l@backcountry.net'" <at-l@backcountry.net>
From:          Tom Fort <tjfort@netdoor.com>
Date:          Fri, 22 Jan 1999 13:27:31 -0600
Subject:       [at-l] Ghost Stories

Ah, This brings up an interesing topic which hasn't come up in a long while.
(or, ever that I can recall)

Ghost stories.

What are your favorite AT hauntings?

the only one I know is at Mollies Ridge Shelter in the Smokies.

Appearantly, last century, a man (maybe indian) went hunting up there and
never returned.  The wife so missed him that she still roams the area today,
searching for him. Don't know if its true, but if you've ever spent a foggy,
stormy nite there, it does get spooky.

t.

--

Tom Fort
tjfort@netdoor.com

     David Brill (I think) relays a cool story in his recollection of '79
     Throughhike (As Far As The Eye Can See). Sorry, I don't recall enough
     to relay it myself here.

Author:  Tom Fort <tjfort@netdoor.com> at ima
Date:    1/22/99 1:27 PM

--