Re: [at-l] Esbit stove

Big Blue Frog wrote:

>Well, I love my MSR stove and have resisted changing till now. For $10
>it's probably worth a try.  But only if the weight savings is worth it.
>Can someone estimate how much weight I can save assuming I now carry a
>Whisperlite & 11 oz. fuel bottle?  Assume I don't have the time or
>mechanical inclination to modify the off-the-shelf Esbit.

The Esbit stove weighs 3 ounces. The fuel tabs weigh 1/2 ounce each. It
takes me 3/4 tab (they are scored in fours) to bring 2 cups of cold tap
water to a roaring boil,,,this continued to boil for 3 minutes. 1/2 tab
would be sufficient to bring 2 cups of cold tap water to slight boil (hot
enough for two cups of coffee). KC aka War Eagle