Re: [at-l] Tuck this!

Granted, I haven't lived in FL for many years, and this xmas foray was my first
time there in winter since '84. As I recall, chiggers aren't a problem in winter
-- back me up on this, Solar Bear? -- but the mosquitos were still intense this
Dec. I'd guess those few days of freeze in early Jan killed off most of the bugs
in Ocala, at least my folks say so.

I agree with Kahley...bring the Tyvek. Extra protection against damp can't hurt
for so little weight.

Enjoy the hike. That part of the Natl Forest is a gem. Don't worry about the
'gator repellant <G> ... they lie low during the winter. But if you ever pass
through Juniper wilderness in Oct (as I did on a canoe trip years ago) ...
that's mating season, and the 'gators get pretty darn frisky. No fun to portage
a canoe that time of year.

Cheers, Sandy  "Navigator"  (wondering about that trail name now, eh?)