Re: [at-l] Tuck this!

> Lose:
> buttpad (BYO...)

Yes, I don't know why I had that in there with the pillow pad -- one
or the other. I'll keep the pillow pad I guess.

> foot pad (?)

Actually this is just a bunny slipper bottom I use if my left boot
start hurting the top of my foot -- my left foot, for some reason, is
has an odd shape (I can only feel it, not see it) -- every pair of
boots I've ever owned has had some kind of problem with the top of my
left foot. So I take this 1oz pad along with me in case this situation
happens on my left foot. I trimmed off the bunny tail from the slipper
bottom so no one gets the wrong idea.

> Nalgene cap--or cup

I drink out of a plastic straw from the 32oz Nalgene -- I take the cap
separately in case I need to use the bottle with a full cap on it.

> cable lock (?)

So no one steals my pack when I set it down for a while in a
restaurant or outside a store. Am I paranoid? Probably from too much
city life. Of course, I could use Solar Bear as a guard bear for my
pack. Yet another weight saving use for Solar Bear on a hike.

> reflector blanket

Yeah, you're right. I probably don't need it as an inside tent ground
cloth in Florida.

> fleece zip-in liner

Yes, I'm dropping it and just going to use the rain parka and Polartec
long-john top.

> sweatpants

I'll probably still take these and leave the Polartec long-johns home.

> Why do you need the padded cell for your stove?

Good question. I had the padded cell for the propane/butane stove and
canisters and it was handy to allow me to instead, toss in the Esbit
stove and fuel and lighter and spoon and coffee into one container to
reach for when boiling water. The Esbit would probably cut through a
Ziploc because of the sharp edges of the metal. I don't think all of
this would fit inside the titanium pot but I'll look tonight and see
-- if it does I'll leave the padded cell home and you've helped me
save the weight again.

> On such a short trip with so many opportunities to
> stop for a re-supply, I doubt that you need extra
> batteries.

Good point. You're right. The batteries stay home.

> Also, you could have included the
> extra film in your maildrops.

Yeah, I know. I forgot to put them in the mail drops so I had to pack
them.

> You could do without the trowel, if you chose to
> work around it. Ditto the filter and accessories.

Yeah, considering the sandy soil in Florida probably don't need the
trowel. The filter -- I think I'll still keep it since I've never used
the iodine/vitamin C method before.

> Finally, you seem to be carrying quite a bit of plastic

Choices for answer:

1) That's in case the hookers need a rental car.

2) I'm told there's a bar along the trail to Silver Springs so I'm
insisting on the belt and suspenders approach to hiking.

3) I am the Hefty Cinch Sack King. Well, at least up until that
Kahley/Esbit-between-my-legs incident. Wow, still recovering from the
first scene.

4) I carry out more trash than I take in. Hey, speaking of Solar Bear...

Datto