Re: [at-l] Film Developing Question

In a message dated 1/20/99 7:19:26 PM EDT, jamosenk@dura.spc.uchicago.edu
writes:

<<
 I saw an ad somewhere not too long ago for a "film drive" from Kodak which
 was an acessory for a computer that develops APS film and (I think)
 uploads it to the computer.  It is pricey (several hundred bucks I
 think) but if you were going to use APS film and committed to taking a lot
 of pictures this might turn out to actually be cost effective over a long
 time, maybe you could make some money on the side developing friend's pix?

What you are thing about is the Kodak Advantix Film Drive FD 300.
<A HREF="http://www.kodak.com/cgi-
bin/webCatalog.pl?section=&cc=US&lc=en&product=KODAK+ADVANTIX+Film+Drive+FD+30
0">KODAK ADVANTIX Film Drive FD 300     </A>  It DOES NOT develop the film.
After the film is developed, using process E-46.

Wildbill

1.What is a film drive?
The KODAK ADVANTIX Film Drive FD 300 is a desktop scanner designed to
scan film in Advanced Photo System (APS) film cassettes.
The name "film drive" indicates a new technological concept that uses
the film cassette as an image storage device. Rather than take valuable
space storing image data on the computer's hard drive, Zip, Jazz drives,
or floppy drives, the `film drive' scans APS film, digitizes the image
for current work, and the image data remains on the film in the
cassette.
2.What are the main features of the KODAK ADVANTIX Film Drive FD 300?
This compact, motorized digital film scanner can scan Advanced Photo
System film, such as KODAK ADVANTIX film, and display an image in under
40 seconds. The Plug-and-Play feature makes setup a snap. All the
software you need to create one-of-a-kind images is included.

 <A HREF="http://www.kodak.com/cgi-
bin/webCatalog.pl?product=KODAK+ADVANTIX+Films">KODAK ADVANTIX Films     </A>