Re: [at-l] Film Developing Question

In a message dated 1/20/99 4:09:33 PM EDT, lucian@sierranv.net writes:

<< I'd like to get some advice from former thru-hikers or section hikers
regarding how to handle photo developing on my trip this year. I'll be
maildropping my film to myself. For developing purposes, here are my three
options as I see it:>>

Here is what I do:

1.  I carry 3 rolls of 36 exposures. One in the camera + two. I use 35 mm,
ISO/ASA 	200, print film.

2.  I take a photo of a piece of paper, On this paper I write:
	Date, and the number roll. I use Year, AT, 0001.   99AT0001 for the first
roll. The 	2nd would be 99AT0002 and so on........

3. I keep a photo log with:
	Date of photo
	location
	Discirption of who/what is on the photo.
	Roll number.
	Photo number:

3. I mail them in for processing. I used REI's Photo Service on my yo-yo hike
in 92-3, ordered prints and slides then.  Now I would order prints and
pictures on disk. I think any one of the ones you listed would send you a
batch of pre-paid postage mailers.

Wildbill
GA to ME 89
GA to ME to GA Mar 92 - Apr 93