Re: [at-l] Ever taught/attended backpacking class?

I took one years ago. We had a few sessions to learn about gear, first aid,
etc, as well as a few weekend day hikes to get in shape. The class before our
outing, we all had to bring in our packs for weigh in and inspection.
(Instructor said he learned that one the hard way.)

The instructor told us we could not bring alcohol or any sort. On the day of
departure, we teased him and his assistant about their big packs. When we made
camp that night, we found that they each packed up a five-liter box of wine for
us. I recommend that, Earthworm. It would make you really popular...

;->
Give Me Chocolate