Re: [at-l] Tuck It

Datto wrote (heavily snipped)"

>SleepBag - TNF Cats Meow Polarguard 3D Long     49.5
>SleepPad - Thermarest Ultralite 3/4 in bag      16.0
>Basic Designs Self-Inflating Pillow (in bag)     8.0
>   (I know, I know, I'm a whoosie)
>Design Salt Silk Mummy Liner (w/o stuff sack)    4.0
>   (I'm bringing this to keep
>    the bag clean so I don't have to wash the
>    bag so often)

The word is WUSS. As in, you're a wuss. <grin>. Seriously, though, if you
are going to use the mummy bag liner, and the polartec 100 top and bottoms
to sleep in, and put it all in a Cats Meow, I think you might sweat to
death, especially if the weather stays above freezing. I'd use the liner
and leave the long johns.

>Tent - Eureka Gossamer                          46.0
>Hurricane Leash and Yard Screw

Does the Eureka have the required Hurricane Straps on the roof beams? Your
insurance agent will be quite miffed if it doesn't.

Also, I might take a small (5x8) tarp to make a large covered area for
cooking/eating/hanging out in the rain. (It never rains in Florida.) I rig
it over the entrance to my tent to make a giant vestibule. Integral designs
makes the SilTarp, 5x8, about 7 ounces, for $50.

In addition to the Alligator Repellant, don't forget a good supply of Giant
Roach Repellant.

>LLBean All-Conditions Parka (Large/Long)        35.0

Yes, it's overkill. But I have the same jacket, and I love it, and I would
take it too.

>LLBean Polartec Zip In Liner for AC Parka       20.5
>Polartec 100 Long John Bottom                   10.0
>Polartec 100 Long John Top                      10.0

The long john top might be a good idea if it gets chilly, but I might take
it instead of the polartec zip-in liner for the parka. (The parka/polartec
liner keeps me warm to the mid-teens. This is _Florida_.) <g> I'd leave the
pants, especially if I was already taking the nylon pants.

Leaving the Polartec zip-in liner and the long john pants saves you almost
2 pounds. Using your parka for a pillow would save another half pound.
Sure, it's quibbling, but 2.5 pounds is about 8 percent of your total pack
weight.

Ken