[at-l] Tuck It

If they could see me now, on the Fun Trail holy cow (they'd never
believe it...).

I'm heading to Florida this weekend for a fun filled week hiking the
Ocala Trail section of the Florida Trail (about 70 miles or so).

My pack contents are shown below, ready for Tuckerizing if anyone
cares to Tuck it. Right now the pack weight is a little over 32 lbs
with 1.6 liters of water and about 2.5 days of food.

Note: I'll be doing 3 mail drops (I know, a bit excessive for 70
miles) but it allows me to reduce my pack weight considerably due to
carrying less food at one time). There are convenient stores and
restaurants not too far off the trail in this section of the FT also.
Just in case I run out of caviar and Vienna sausages.

I'll be trying out some new things on this trip -- The Esbit stove,
KMart Coolmax Hiking socks ($3.99 - such a deal Murray!), the Minolta
Vectis 30 APS camera, and some freeze dried food (expensive but it's
got to be better than my usual trail fare -- plus, the scope of work
to prepare the freeze-dried food matches my available talent).

Recent temps in Ocala area have been 80 high and 50 low but there
could be temps to 30 at night. So I've got a little more clothing than
one might think necessary for Florida. The Polartec long john top and
bottom are for sleeping.

Clothes I'll be wearing while hiking are a Coolmax T-shirt, lined swim
trunks, high OR gaitors, Salamon X-Hiking Exit 2 Lows, KMart Coolmax
Socks with Wigwam Coolmax liners and a baseball hat (might be hunter
orange depending upon what's up -- general deer season ends this
weekend).

I decided to bring the LLBean All-conditions Parka in the event it
rains heavily for a long period of time (does it ever rain in
Florida?). The parka is a little bit of overkill but I'm bringing the
Gossamer instead of the Zephyr tent so the tent space is very tight
inside (if I was to hole up someplace -- no shelters, see).

For those of you currently using a proportional font, the columns
below will line up if you switch to a mono-spaced font such as Courier
New:

ITEM                                             OZ
Pack - Mountainsmith Mountainlight 5200         47.0
    (trimmed, w/carbon fiber stays)
REI Pack Cover                                   9.0
Mountainlight 5200 Tramp Pocket                  3.5
Platypus 1.8 Liter Water holder                  3.5
Mountainlight Sidekick Solid Water Holster       2.5
Platypus filter adapter hose                     2.0

SleepBag - TNF Cats Meow Polarguard 3D Long     49.5
SleepPad - Thermarest Ultralite 3/4 in bag      16.0
Basic Designs Self-Inflating Pillow (in bag)     8.0
   (I know, I know, I'm a whoosie)
Design Salt Silk Mummy Liner (w/o stuff sack)    4.0
   (I'm bringing this to keep
    the bag clean so I don't have to wash the
    bag so often)

Tent - Eureka Gossamer                          46.0
Hurricane Leash and Yard Screw

Water - 1.6 liters                              26.9
Pur Voyageur in Pur bag with 2 ziplocs          16.0
Paper Coffee Filters (for water filter)          1.0
Nalgene Bottle Lexan (32 oz)                     4.5

Minolta Vectis 30 Camera w/batt and film         9.3
Sony Mini Radio w/batt & headphones              4.0
Princeton-Tec 2AA Waterproof Headlamp w/batt     5.8
Mini Camera Tripod - Ultrapod                    1.5
Z-Rest Buttpad                                   2.5
Purell (2 - 1/2oz containers)                    1.6
Drivers License, NBD CC, GTE CC, cash            1.3
Knife - Swiss classic type                       1.0
Sunglasses                                       1.0
Cophlan's Thermometer zipper pull                0.5
Trowel in baggie                                 2.5
Alligator Repellant - 1 gallon

Esbit Tab Stove (without fuel tabs) 3.0 oz       3.0
Esbit Fuel Tabs (12) 6.0 oz                      6.0
Esbit Fuel Tabs (12) 6.0 oz                      6.0
Cooking Pot 1.3L Titanium                        6.3
Plastic Bags (trash) & 2 backup matches          3.5
Padded Cell for Stove (2.75 oz)                  2.8
MSR Windscreen                                   2.0
Lexan Spoon                                      0.5

Misc Bagged Contents                            16.5
  Hang Sack
  Camp Towel
  Sponge 1x1 in Ziplock
  Hang Rope
  Foot Pad
  Sunglasses Case
  Toothbrush
  Band Aids
  Velcro Strip
  Waterproof Match Container/Whistle/Compass
  2 AA Batteries
  Toothpaste
  Liquid Soap
  Ibuprofin
  Aqua & Vitamin C Water Treatment backup
  Nalgene Cap
  Ear Plugs

Misc Bagged Contents                            22.5
  Hefty Cinch Sack a extra Ziplock bags
  Cable Lock
  Deep Woods Off
     (for the hornets that keep
      following me!!)
  Coin Purse & Coins
  Small First Aid Kit
  Dr. Scholl's Pads
  2 Kleenex Travel Paks
  3 Rolls APS Film
  Safety Pins and Velcro Strip

Misc Bagged Contents                            18.0
  Butter Buds
  Vitamins
  Reflector Blanket
  Map of Area and Xeroxes of Guidebook
  Journal & Pen

Canister Container Contents                     44.5
  4 Sugar Free Tang
  Fisher's Nuts
  Corn Chowder
  Healthy Valley Creamy Potato with Broccoli
  6 oz Bridgeford Teriayki Jerky
  4 Oatmeal
  4 Peanut Butter Crackers
  2 Pop Tarts
  4 Coffee/cream/sweet n low/wetnap

Bagged Food                                     17.0
  Richmoor Strog & Beef
  2 Coffee/cream/sweet n low/wetnap
  2 Hefty Cinch Sack (13 oz)

LLBean All-Conditions Parka (Large/Long)        35.0
LLBean Polartec Zip In Liner for AC Parka       20.5
Polartec 100 Long John Bottom                   10.0
Polartec 100 Long John Top                      10.0
Duofold Black Coolmax Tee Shirt 6.0 oz           6.0
Black Nylon unlined sweat pants                  5.5
Black Nylon Swimsuit/Gym Shorts                  4.8
Thorlo Hiker Socks (spare)                       3.0
Wigwam Coolmax Liner Socks (White) (spare)       1.7