[at-l] broken boots? <not broken in boots>

i have a question. on the back ankles of my boots i have found (on both
pair)  something a bit like a rip and little like a dent that has eaten up
some of the leather..   it looks like a rock gouged into it a bit or a piece
of metal or somehting hard and pointy... it is small only like 2mm across.
and 1/2 a mm deep, there is still leather underneath it. Is there anythign i
can do to fix it and shoudl i worry about it at all?  has anyone had
somethign like this happen. I am CERTAIN it is not supposed to be that way.
i also have these kind of things on the toes too.. but i know that is
general scuffing. this may just be scuffing but deeper and in a weird area,
maybe?

any suggestions?

BotleNeck