Re: [at-l] Mummy bags

..clip..
><< Now this one is really dumb.. At long last,
> I'm looking to take the plunge on a mummy bag.
> The trouble is, The zipper.......left side or right?
> I've always used a rectangle or semi rect bag before ..clip..

I bought a new mummy bag this past summer. Before that I had a rectangular
bag which was more than adequate for warmth down to 20F or so (the coldest
I'd tried it) but was too heavy at 6# and wasn't very compressible. If I
could turn the clock back I'd go for a semi rectangular bag because I feel
too confined in the mummy bag. I end up not zipping it all the way and
wearing a fleece top or something that allows me to keep my arms free but
still warm. If you've never used a mummy bag you might want to borrow one
to see how you like it before investing your money.

Saunterer