Re: [at-l] hand hels computer question

I recommend that you spend a little time in the news group:  COMP.SYS.PALMTOPS

There is always some good conversation going on about all the popular
hand-held devices and which models have which features.  I can tell you though
that wireless send/recieve capabilities are pretty limited on the trail so
either you carry a cellular phone and a cellular modem for instant
communications or just wait until you go into town and find a telephone line
to hook into.

There are two basic types of handhelds, those that take input via touch
screen/stylus and those that actually have little qwerty keyboards on them and
run a miniaturized version of windows.  I prefer the first one so far.  It has
no keyboard so I have to "write" my data into it but it is very small and easy
on batteries.  I have heard though that a keyboard is available for the
palmpilot so I might check that out.

Dean Taylor