[at-l] MSR Stoves

Pilgrim

I have had a few problems with leaking "O" rings and less than efficient
generator tubes.

Re: the "O" rings -- Probably a function of extreme temperatures, especially
cold.  All my leaks were at near 0 F conditions.  So, for your hike, it
might be a non-issue.

However, I suggest:
1) always de-pressurize the fuel when not using
2) never over tighten -- especially the needle valve

Re: the  generator tube -- Probably a function of having used a wide mix of
fuels, often dirty fuel (one of the drawbacks of international use).

I suggest:
1) stay with Coleman fuel as much as you can.
2) follow the clean out routine regularly and often.

I'm sure you will get lots of advice re: "flare-ups."  So, I'll not stress
the point.

However, I suggest:
1) always light-up in a safe place
2) don't over prime
3) don't over prime
4) don't over prime
5) practice until you get a priming routine that works for you so that you
don't over prime
6) take care of re-lights once you let it go out.

Chainsaw