Re: [at-l] digital guides?

At 09:44 AM 1/16/99 -0500, Chris Witzgall wrote:
>I could transcribe trail guides for my own personal
>use on the casio. I know this is against copyright
>laws, but If I buy the book, and I don't
>circulate the files, I don't see the harm.
You can transcribe anything you want for personal use.
It becomes illegal when you distribute it.
I wonder if ATC (or any of the other publishers of guides)
have thought of selling them in digital format.  It
would make it easy to print out just the pages you needed
even if you weren't carrying a palm PC. Annual updates
would be easier too.

Saunterer