Re: [at-l] Questions from a '99er

In a message dated 1/15/99 7:31:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lucian@sierranv.net writes:

Answers from an expert who has hiked a whopping 15 miles on the AT.

<< 1.  I'm planning to do the AT next year, from South to North.  What's the
best way to go about doing that? >>
Keep the sun to your right.

2. Do I have to carry all my food for the whole trip, or are there stores and
stuff?
I find air-drops to be the best method.  Make friends with a pilot.

3. Are there a lot of bugs?
My pilot friend sprayed the trail ahead for me each day.  It worked great but
I heard that nothing grows on that section of the trail anymore.  Might want
to come up with a better method.

4. What kind of gear would you recommend?
Just buy the most expensive.  It has to be the best.