Re: [at-l] [Fwd: ATML Trailplace will be restored]

<< I left the other list because it lacked spirit.  To have this one become
mean
 -spirited will have the same effect.  It really saddens me to see these
 Wingfoot bashing posts.  >>

THANK YOU!  This is precisely what *this* newcomer to this list feels, too. I
love the banter on this list.  I love the creativity.  These add to a sense of
"community."  The bashing and the ill-will that I see in posts from time to
time undermine this sense of community for me.  The differences of opinion,
when expressed with respect and good faith, help me to understand the sender's
message.  I embrace both the sender and the message, even if I don't
ultimately agree with them.  When the message is tainted by meanness, it makes
me feel sorry both for the sender and for the object of the slur....and it
makes me want to avoid the sender.  This dynamic does not contribute to a
sense of community.

On this list so far, I have seen much magnanimity--'makes me feel proud to me
part of it.  But I have also seen examples of pettiness and posts from folks
who seem to have spleens to vent.   No matter how cleverly they disguise the
venom in "humor," the message conveyed is pure poison to the spirit.  It sure
ain't attractive and it certainly doesn't represent what the trail or the
trail community is all about, IMHO.

Trailmixup