Re: [at-l] AT southbounders web site

Charlie Thorpe wrote:

> I was looking thru Jim's journals and saw Felix mentioned a few times (I
> almost couldn't believe that it was AT-L's own Felix...why no trailname?).
> In an AT-L message Wed, Felix mentioned "Patch"...is this the guy?

Patch is he. His name is Jay Platt. As nice as they get. He called me the
other night from Franklin, NC and said he can't finish until the 21st or
22nd of the month because folks from VHL wanted to be there (I also told
him to summit alone, or with another southbounder. If the weather is
good, that other southbounder just may be Felix J.) BTW, I have a
trailname, not a real name.

> I have a LOT of respect for anybody who would do the hike with no depth
> perception!  It drove me nuts when my glasses fogged up...much less having
> only one eye.

I hiked with him for about 6 weeks. I found myself closing one eye a lot.
I think the worst obstacle for Patch (or Satchel, as I called him) was
getting married in Lee, MA. (I've talked to his wife several times and
she's a sweetheart  :)   Now I'll have to go back to his site and see if
he told the truth about what happened in that shed...

BTW, about that depth perception: While at breakfast at Shaw's, Patch
asked for some ketchup. Keith threw him a bottle. Patch fumbled with it a
bit and said "Woooaa, I don't have any depth perception." So, Keith picks
up a glass and throws it to him. True story.

Anyway, in that bad black and white pick (a3.jpg) it is Pokey, Earl and
Patch at the Cascade...
--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98