[at-l] Let look foward to the best times

OK, Since I am Terrible Tommy... Let me ask you all what I asked at the
end of last year... here is the message repeated....

I sent the below msg to the at-L list on 12/31/98 hoping for a better year.

Things elsewhere have caused some difficulty obviously.

Some new members may not have seen it and I have myself bothered this fine
list with tribble from the other no doubt either as a warning, pride or
both.

No matter, we all know.. It's in the archives. If someone talks of the
other list may I suggest we just send them to the archives like guns, cell
phones and those umbrellas in the tutus..

I as terrible tommy pleads with at-L.. let us talk of the trail on the at-L
list the rest of this year.

If someone wants to talk of other lists, I think you can search the
archives as it has all been said there.

If you want to talk off line with anyone that's fine.

Let's look forward to a bright year of enjoyment on the trail.

Let the other lists if they may attack this list, let's us not
bring the folly here.

Let us stop now and set the best example..

To the list, I apologize for dragging on this post. I will stop.

Thank you all, Tom bear bells Caggiano aka Tommy the Terrible..

--------------

Some not so nice stuff in the being of this msg, hopefully, one can only hope,
we can stop trying to read people's motives. Leave sharp rocks behind.
Yea, I know one stick prod here.. stick, stick.. maybe a marshmellow or
food fight is in order.  If you are a tenderfeet, skip right to the end for
there is some good news there. Perhaps the reading of this long msg will be so
boring that we won't have to address the issue next year.

to all on at-L, Join the campfire.. learn of the trail and the mindset.

It's within you.

Happy New Year.. hopefully this last post of the year for me will flush the
system.

Be well and as I always say: Enjoy life to the fullest...

Tom bear bells Caggiano..

and let's all start the New Year's over this creek. The year will be fresh,
Take at least a night outing and get to a campfire to get real.

Forget the electrons. Remember we are all trail lovers. See the beauty in
all.

And to all have a nice nite... BTW, I did put in a microfleece liner in my
mummy bag and it worked wonders at even 10*F.. Wow..

Also on a positive note, let me give

Barry Vanderhorst of Ultralight Outdoors a nice word.  He now makes ultralight
tent poles. He worked his fanny off making them and getting them to us by
Christman
eve and even sent them out express mail at his cost.  He's working very hard to
give the customer quality products.

On my Sierra Design 3 pole two person tent, I got them and was on the AT
the day
after Christmas. Got all those new toys from Kathy.

I saved over 1 pound, WOW in the tent poles and tent pegs weight savings..
           poles   6 pegs
Total      25    + 4.5 = 29.5 oz
ultralight 11    + 1.5 = 12.5 oz
savings    14    + 3.0 = 17 oz

Thanks a lot Barry.

Also the Pronton light I used as a nightlight in my tent. Wow that LED
flashlight
weighs about the weight of a quarter and last a very long time.