Re: [at-l] Mt Washington winds

     I recall hearing this somewhere. But I think the better answer might
     be having the water "pushed" out, via pressurization of the building's
     interior. Anyone?

Subject: [at-l] Mt Washington winds
Author:  STEAT86@aol.com at ima
Date:    1/14/99 12:56 PM

Hi All

I spoke with someone who worked ot the weather station on Mt Washington
several years ago. He said even without checking all the fancy scientific
gizmoes they could tell if the wind had been high overnight. At a certain
speed, which I can't remember, all the water would be sucked out of the
toilets.

Can anyone confirm this?  Well at least have fun with the subject, I'm going
backcountry skiing for a week.

The Old RidgeRunner
Moscow Vt