RE: [at-l] Trail Place reopening

From: owner-at-l@backcountry.net [mailto:owner-at-l@backcountry.net]On
Behalf Of KC
>>Truly this is a sad day for the hiking community. WF has chosen to reopen
TrailPlace but will Rule with a stricter hand,,,he will censor all material
he deems as inappropriate. The public will get a one sided view of the
Appalachian Trail. Will he begin to remove posts that disagree with his
ideal pie-in-the-sky AT community,,,i.e. guns, cell phones, umbrellas. Where
will his dictatorship end? I forget the entire story but the ending of the
story states,,,and then they came for me and there was no one left to defend
me! WF's prejudice will give a very one "man" view of the trail. Truly,
today is a sad day for the hiking community. KC aka War Eagle

Anyone can set up a site and do what they like with it.  He is no different.
If you don't like it, don't use it, or enjoy what you can and forget about
the rest.

Webspace is practicly free these days.  If you think your views are shared
by many and that Dan is ignoring them, set up your own site and run it as
you see fit.  I think you'd find that being the bad guy is not an enviable
role, but one that is necessary.

I can tell you from long internet experience that the best way to run an
internet space is to have one person make the rules.  Once you start
listening to a committee, mayhem ensues.

-Nicole

Nicole Markee
Cable & Wireless, Inc.
email: nmarkee@cw.net