[at-l] Yer ol' buddy

Well, ain't it about time for a note from yer ol' buddy Felix? Dang right
it is.

For those who don't know me, I'm Felix. Felix J. McGillicuddy. I got home
about a week ago from the best damned thru-hike there ever was. I got a
whole bag of stuff to tell you, so...

First, I owe a bunch of people e-mails. Sorry 'bout that. You'll get 'em.
I'm just busy, sometimes doing nothing. My ol' friend Stoat is staying
with me and we are having a great time shootin' flies with rubber bands.

Second, thanks for everyone wishing me well in my efforts to re-enter the
real world. Actually, it ain't a problem. AT ALL. I'm fine and only
slightly miss the Trail. Things are as normal as they ever was :)

Third, Yes, Miss Nicole, I be done. And I owe you money. Let me know how
much, thank you :)

Foreth, the Trailplace shutdown. This is unfortunate. There are many, many
things I'd like to say, but I'll keep it brief (me? ha ha ha). I remember
vividly the first time I got an e-mail from Dan. I thought "Felix, you
just got an e-mail from Wingfoot".  He was an icon. But, as Trailplace
started to take shape, I saw a change in both the website/lists and
Wingfoot. Wingfoot had grandiose plans and visions. The problem is, some
weren't possible, some don't need to be, and some shouldn't be. Wingfoot
had trouble accepting this. As is usually the case, and Mrs. Purtlebaugh
would back me on this, it's just hikin'. I could go on, and on, and... but
won't. I'll just end this by saying that I consider Wingfoot a
Trailfriend, and a real friend. I hope that he is happy with whatever he
chooses to do.

Filthly, the AT-L...
I really never understood why Wingfoot needed a list on Trailplace. I'm
also not sure why there is always talk of animosity from one list to the
other. There shouldn't be. I've been on this list for 25 years (well, I've
posted enough times to fill 25 years) and I can't say enough nice things
about the way Ryan has let it operate itself. This list allows people to
be people. Friends. I didn't feel that was something that was wanted on
Wingfoot's list. So, my advice (now, there will be a fee for this) to Ryan
is do what you've always done...leave it alone. I wouldn't go adding
lists, or splitting subject matter, with any unneeded urgency.
Just let things happen.

Well, I've rambled on long enough. I have to go change a snare drum
head...

(I'm sure there'll be more of this)
--
Felix J. McGillicuddy