Subject: [at-l] gear vs. luxuries
Author:  Pat Villeneuve <patv@falcon.cc.ukans.edu> at ima
Date:    1/12/99 5:34 PM

A lot of us are trying to "lighten up." Still, every year we hear sad
and funny stories about overburdened hikers and the things they tote.
(There was a guy in 96 who started with a tea kettle, a basin and epsom
salts to soak his feet, but I digress...)

I'd like to turn this around a bit and ask if you ever really needed
something that you weren't carrying. Perhaps we could learn from
this--if we avoid answers like a hand cart, a pack animal, ferret
feed, or a Pepsi machine... ;->

Give Me Chocolate