Re: [at-l] Why Trailplace Closed

> hit the fan all of a sudden at Trailplace.
> Why no advanced warning?

As far back as August of '97 WF was concerned with the way things were going. I cataloged a message he sent to the ATML list at

http://www.circumtech.com/outdoors/whyshare.html

which shows concern over participation.

>1. Lack of input from participants
>2. Lack of funds
>3. Lack of time

These first three WF has always spoken about being issues. Regardless of whether a different approach technically or economically could have had different results, these issues are clear to anyone working on a project like Trailplace.

>4. Lack of appreciation from his "audience".

The actual quote is:

"the level of acrimony and petty criticism directed toward me as webmaster has negated my enthusiasm for continuing to provide this service."

There is nothing to add to this, he feels the way he feels.

Daniel