Re: [at-l] new backpack

Fourwh1021@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 1/11/99 8:33:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> thewitt@fairchildsemi.com writes:
>
> <<  I wanted pockets. I added on and now I'm happy :).
>   >>
> How did you do this?  Keep in mind this is one grandma who
> does not sew well. I love my pack but would like more 'catch
> all those little things I want handy' pockets.

No science here. Gregory sells both side and large back pockets that attach to
their packs. I bought a full back pocket and went hiking with it. I added two
side pockets and was not happy with them so I sent them back - I did not really
need the extra room anyway - and then I added a hip pocket from Eagle Creek for
maps, and a shoulder strap pocket for my camera that includes a nice "cinch
down" strap and is actually secure and fairly rain-proof without even being closed.

I don't sew either - though I did get my wife to sew my AT Patch on the top of
my pack with lots of pleading :).

-Paddler