RE: [at-l] AT99 Announcement

It seems Jan 31 came early. A quick check of the website indicates that
trailplace has been removed. There is a splash screen with the message
below is all that remains. None of the links work. The links I had
directly into the journals pages for '97 and '98 are also dead ends.

It saddens me that Wingfoot has chosen this alternative.

Fallingwater

		1999 Thru-hiker List wrote:

		> After much thought and prayer, I have decided to phase
out
		> Trailplace as a service of the Center for Appalachian
Trail Studies.
		> It was designed to be a place where experienced AT
hikers could
		> pass on information to those who were coming into the
scene, but
		> has not reached a level of participation that
justifies the time and
		> expense necessary to keep it going. In addition, the
level of acrimony
		> and petty criticism directed toward me as webmaster
has negated my
		> enthusiasm for continuing to provide this service.
Therefore,
		> Trailplace will cease operation on or before January
31, 1999.

		> Dan "Wingfoot" Bruce,
		> Webmaster
		* From the Appalachian Trail Mailing List |
http://www.backcountry.net  *