[at-l] It used to be GORP

I said I would post some recipes as I got closer to my hike, and I'll start with
mine for a trail snack.

It used to be GORP, Good Old Raisins and Peanuts, and for years that's what I carried.

My current "gorp" is a more appealing and interesting mixture of "stuff" that includes:

  Peanuts
  Dry Roasted Peanuts
  Macadamia Nuts
  Almonds
  Cashews
  Dried Cranberries
  Dried Bananas
  Dried Mangos
  Plain M&Ms
  Peanut M&Ms
  Raisins
  Dried Apples
  Dried Papaya
  Dried Pineapple
  Carob chips
  Sunflower Seeds

and occasionally other "stuff" sneaks in as well, but this is a fairly common base.

I find this mixture to be more palatable for long hikes than simple GORP, and
package it in one cup portions that fit perfectly in baby bottle liners and get
sealed in. Why this method of packaging? There is no smell to attract critters,
the package is opened and eaten in the same day, and it makes it easy to
distribute throughout my food supply. I've never had shelter mice get into my
gorp this way and I think it's more than luck.

I hope that the mixture helps me balance my diet - though taste is my
motivation, not nutrition - and enjoy the fruit as much as the nuts.

-Paddler