Re: [at-l] Its snowing!!! YEA!!!

In a message dated 1/8/99, 10:59:34 AM, paulers@ix.netcom.com writes:
<<what a wonderful excuse to stay home today... sitting here pretending to
organize my desk, but really playing with email, watching the snow fall
outside on the trees.  Nice big flakes and TONS of 'em!>>

Yay! Ah, yes, I remember the two snowfalls we've had in my lifetime here in
south Louisiana... the snowfall of '88, and the great blizzard of '73. I was
but a wee child in '73, and I think this is one of my first vivid memories.
Everyone was so excited! I wanted to build "Frosty" so we went outside,
gathered up ALL the snow in the front yard (after taking the requisite
pictures, of course), and built the biggest snowman we could!! Of  course,
even at two and a half, I knew snowmen were supposed to be more than eleven
inches tall, but that's all we could manage. After all, we did clean out the
front yard to make this mammoth man o' white stuff.

In '88, as a senior in high school, I had the exciting privilege of carpooling
kids over the Mississippi River bridge from our school to our little town on
the west bank. Gee, that was fun! First time I'd seen snow in 15 years, and I
got to DRIVE in it! Across a bridge!

Alas, Louisiana has had neither a white Christmas, nor a white January. I've
got a perfect excuse to stay home on this gorgeous day with the temps in the
70s, though ... the flu. Ugh. Those below-30 nights last weeks were just too
much for this Louisiana girl! I really do need to find myself a place where
the heater works ...

Have fun in the snow, yall!

Nina