[at-l] Water????

Well I've spent the today doing clothing tests.
I ttok each of my cold weather options and tested them out
for a given amount of time...Datto inspired.  I know
know what's warmest or lightest or packs the smallest.
I'm thinking of trying a bit of a winter walk.  Heck if that
Magillaguy can do it............
Anyway, I've come across a gap in my knowledge.  I
know how to make snow into water.  I know to keep
my filter from freezing.  But right now, there is only about
an inch of snow around and all the streams and springs are frozen.
Where doe one get water under the above?????   k./\