[at-l] Sweet potato recipe in case any one else wants it

>Does anyone have any good stew or similar recipes that include
>sweet potatoes? They seem to dry well, and they're filling and
>nutritious.

This is from my Moosewood Cookbook, by Mollie Katzen.
---
GYPSY SOUP
... a delicately spiced Spanish-style vegetable soup...
About 45 minutes to prepare
Yield: 4 to 5 servings
NOTE: Chickpeas need to be cooked in advance (canned=ok)

The vegetables in this soup can be varied.  Any orange vegetable
can be
combined with any green.  For example, peas or green beans could
replace --
or augment -- the peppers.  Carrots, pumpkin, or squash could
fill in for
the sweet potatoes.  Innovate!

2 medium-sized ripe tomatoes
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 cups chopped onion
3 medium garlic cloves, crushed
1 stalk celery, minced
2 cups peeled, diced sweet potato
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. mild paprika
1 tsp. turmeric
1 tsp. basil
a dash of cinnamon
a dash of cayenne
1 bay leaf
3 cups water
1 medium bell pepper, diced
1 1/2 cups cooked chick peas

1) Heat a medium-sized saucepanful of water to boiling.  Core
the tomatoes,
and plunge them into the boiling water for a slow count of 10.
Remove the
tomatoes and peel them over a sink.  Cut them open; squeeze out
and discard
the seeds.  Chop the remaining pulp and set aside.

2) Heat the olive oil in a kettle or Dutch oven.  Add onion,
garlic, celery,
and sweet potato, and sauté over medium heat for about 5
minutes.  Add salt,
and sauté 5 minutes more.  Add seasonings and water, cover, and
simmer for
about 15 minutes.

3) Add tomato pulp, bell pepper, and chick peas.  Cover and
simmer for about
10 more minutes, or until all the vegetables are as tender as
you like them.
Taste to adjust seasonings, and serve.