[at-l] The secret to using the Esbit Stove

I have finally found the secret to using the Esbit Stove,,,,just send me $19.95 and you to can know this long time held secret!!! After reading everyone's suggestions I went back outside today and experimented some more. The temp was 31 degrees. I used 2 cups of cold water. I used a foil screen that I wrapped around the pot leaving about 1/4 inch off the ground level. I started out by using 1/2 of a fuel tablet, it burned for 8 minutes and barely had bubbles on the bottom of the pot. I used 1/4 tablet and it burned for 6 minutes and the water was hot. I then,,,,, finally got a roaring boil by,,,,and yes folks this is the secret!!! I cut the cubes into quarters. On my first attempt I used 3/4 of a tab, that makes 3 mini fuel tabs (three 1/4 tabs). I got a roaring boil in 6 minutes and it continued to boil for another 3 minutes!  I then used 1/2 tablet broken up in two pieces (two 1/4 tablets) and got only hot water after 6 min,,,total burn time 7 min. I again used 3/4 tab and a slight boil at 7min,,,,after another min I added another 1/4 tab and got a roaring boil in 1/2 min and let it boil for one minute. I blew the tab out. I guess this is the secret,,,cut up the tablets into 1/4. Then I received a very important email on another way to use the fuel tabs. I took the 1/4 tab and heated the water, after 4 minutes I added another 1/4 tab,,,the water came to a boil in 5 minutes and lasted another 4 minutes. I was cutting up the tabs and setting them all in the stove,,,I think this gave more fire volume (if that is such a thing). Anyway another thing I learned from that all important email message is that the water DOESN'T need to come to a full boil. As long as those tiny bubbles are on the bottom of the pot "boiling point" it is hot enough for a Mountain House meal (my favorite is Sweet and Sour Pork). Yesterday when I made my Lipton,,it had come to a full boil cause the darn thing boiled over! (I had used one tab, intact). I will try the stove in warmer weather which should be by the end of this week. KC aka War Eagle