[at-l] How do you carry your guidebooks? My answer.

First I want to thank everyone for their ideas on carrying maps and
guidebooks. I've made a decision and so far I like it.  That's what
matters, right?

I looked at a Dana Wet Rib, a Dry Rib, a belly pack, a belly pack on my
pack straps, and a sternum strap pack.

I opted for a small Eagle Creek bag that fits on my hip belt.

The bag has one compartment that is just larger than a guidebook that
will hold guidebook and map. Another zipper compartment that is large
enough for compass and pocket knife, and another that is large enough
for money and change - for that enroute vending machine or corner store.

It fits the web strap that goes through my hip belt and by "weaving it"
into the hipbelt, it cannot even fall off when I take off the pack. Cool.

I'll test it out this weekend on a 10 miler in the cold and snow of
centeral Maine (brrrrr) and let y'all know (I'm practicing my drawl)
if'n I don't like it :).

-Paddler