Re: [at-l] Ruck Info DIRECTIONS!

PaddyBeer@aol.com wrote:

> Can someone please forward information on the upcoming Ruckfest?  My buddy and
> I are planning to section hike in the area of Pine Grove Furnace during that
> part of January and would love to stop by,  Of course, that depends on the
> weather.  We were there last week and there was no snow  or  ice on the ground
> until the end of the trip.  Can anybody  tell me if the snow has hit the area?
> We would also need driving directions.

The weather is cold. Snow is on the ground in shaded areas, ice has crusted much
of it all over the area. These things are subject to change though, as we are
expecting more weather at any moment. :)

Directions to get to us...
Find either Interstate 81 (north-south) or route 30 (east-west). If you can find
either of these, follow the rest of the directions...

From I81, take exit 11 (Newville), follow signs to Pine Grove Furnace State Park
(that's South on Rt.233 for 8 miles). At the STOP sign in front  of the Park
Office, take a right (continue on Rt.233), go 2/10ths mile, parking lot is on left
before you get to the Mansion. Watch for big blue triangle (reflective) sign.

From Rt.30, take Rt.34 north from the center of Gettysburg until you hit the
Twirly Top Ice Cream stand (it is NOT lighted at night)(approx 10 miles). (If you
hit Mount Holly Springs, turn around and look for Twirly Top on right.) Turn left.
Drive 7 miles to intersection with Rt.233. Stay on Pine Grove Road/Rt.233 for
2/10ths mile. Parking lot on left before Mansion. Watch for big blue triangle
(reflective) sign.