Re: [at-l] highlight of CDN Rocky trip

Hi Chris,

Thanks for posting this.  I'm not usually a "me too" kind of poster but
this one deserves to be "me too"ed.  I have seen the last three
festivals and am very glad I'll get to this one in Boston before I start
hiking...  I've already marked my calendar...

They always have some great films.  One of last year's highlights for me
(having just returned from Nepal) was the documentary on the guy who
rode his bike from Sweden to attempt an unsupported climb of Everest.
He had some amazing footage of interviews with some of those who died in
the Everest tragedy two years ago.

Mara

>From: "Christopher Casciano" <christopher.casciano@prudential.com>
>To: at-l@backcountry.net
>Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 11:36:05 -0500
>Subject: Re: [at-l] highlight of CDN Rocky trip
>
>Sounds like you had a great time...
>
>And speaking of Banff, everyone should make it a point to see the Banff
>Festival of Mountain Films highlight show when it goes on tour each
year.
>I've been to 2 out of the last 3 (maybe 4) years and it's great. Topics
>range from documentaries of the lives of mountain culture, to mountain
>sports and more.
>
>From the web site:
>
>"Eleven years ago, The Banff Mountain Film Festival began an outreach
>program to bring the
>          festival to other communities. Festival organizers wanted to
>showcase the efforts and
>          talents of the world's finest mountain filmmakers with a
"Best of
>the Festival" program.
>          Like the first festival in Banff, the tour began small: three
>cities in central Canada. Today,
>          the best films from each year's festival go on tour
immediately
>following the three-day
>          event in Banff. The Banff Festival of Mountain Films World
Tour