Re: [at-l] Totally Unscientific Rain and Wind Clothing Tests

In a message dated 1/3/99 11:28:50 AM MST, johno@mail.monmouth.com writes:

<<  I have
 also driven on a highway at 65 to 70 mph for 45 minutes with my arm hanging
 out the window in 30 degree weather and my arm was not cold.  This jacket
 is totally waterproof and windproof IMO.   >>

The one major factor ommitted in this variety of tests is the sweat factor.
That can chill you from the inside out. Don't know whether the exertion you
were using was insufficient to cause much perspiration or whether you're just
not a sweaty person. On with the tests!

Second Chance
(enjoying t-shirt and jeans and no socks with the windows open in Phoenix)