Re: [at-l] shredded beef????

It actually comes back surprisingly well. I've been trying out recipes
at home and last week I used dried shredded beef in stroganoff for the
family. No one knew this was not freshly shredded beef!

The difference between this and jerky is that this is actually cooked
first - breaking up the fibers in the beef, then shredded - breaking up
the fibers even more (do NOT use a knife here) so the resulting product
has little or no resistance to being chewed.

-Paddler