Re: [at-l] KC's Journal Ga>Me'99 is On-Line

At 9:37 PM -0500 01/03/99, DrmCtchr12@aol.com wrote:
>Are there other hikers this year who will have the same opportunity as KC and
>have a web page like hers devoted to their thru-hike, also?
>I would like to see more than one and to see how others deal with their hike.
>
>marla jo

Yes, Because of recent events,

If anyone desires a journal on at-L server, Ryan has made the
system available.  If the thru hiker can get a transcriber to assist me,
or they elect to have their own team performing the web page, it's cost
is just right.. FREE..

So if anyone desires to have a web site on a journal here at at-L,
Ryan will provide the free space.. You will need the support of a transcriber
and I can help with the web pages, etc.

We have already made a file called

www.backcountry.net/journals  that will provide a central kick-off point
for the pages. It's not on-line as KC is the first since it only became
available yesterday.

Hope that helps,  the more the merrier..:)

Ryan and Milt have made at-L available for journals and other AT related
pages.

See http://www.backcountry.net/hikenet  and you can see a guide being developed
for NJ..

-- tom bear bells caggiano