[at-l] AT Club and Chatroom

Howdy listers,

The Appalachian Trail Club is up and running.  We already have four members!
This should be considered an alternative website.  It wasn't established to
upstage Trailplace, The AT Home Page, or the mailing lists, but more for a
informal place to chat, post messages and calender events and to share a few
ideas.

Probably the most important feature is the chat room, it really works well and
is fun. Something we've been missing lately!

In the early stages of my AT thru-hike planning, I frequented AOL's Backpacker
Chat and received a wealth of information.  In the very near future,
Backpacker Magazine and AOL will sever their relationship and a very good
backpacking chatroom will end.  At one point in time, they had scheduled AT,
Long Distance Hiking, Lightweight,  and Industry nights, but has fallen by the
wayside.

With several of the people on this list, such as Mike Mconnick, Kurt Russell
(aka wanderlustgear :), the Owen's, WildBill, etc. (only to name a few and
only if they are willing to give a few hours)  we may be able to recreate a
very valuable "real time" resource of info.

Up to you guys (and gals),  Sly