Re: [at-l] AT Calendar

In a message dated 1/2/99 2:52:02 PM EDT, monadnockdee@juno.com writes:

<<
 Every year for the past several I have gotten the AT calendar but I
 waited too long and now I can't find one anywhere this year. I have tried
 all the outfitters and book stores I know of in Greenville and
 Spartanburg SC,  and I have tried some in Asheville and Brevard NC. I
 even called EMS in NH and they don't have one (that's where I got it last
 year). Anyone out there have any ideas?

I see you are using Juno so you may or may not have Internet access. If you do
you can order online from ATC Ultimate Trail Store... URL:
http://www.atctrailstore.org/
The Official Appalachian Trail Calendars
13" x 11" wall calendar with 12 stunning views of and from the A.T.,
featuring the White Mountains on the cover for 1999. Available now.
— 1999 edition retail $10.99  Member $8.25
— 3 calendars retail $27.60   Member $23.45

Ordering Information
Orders are filled on a first-come/first-served basis, regardless of the
medium of transmittal or payment, assuming the item is in stock when the
order is received. If an item is out of stock, we will give you our best
estimate of its arrival time when you order; if there is to be a delay
beyond that, we will call you to see if you want to keep the item on
back order.
We use your home telephone number as an account number and, if there is
another daytime number for you, we would like that as well, in both
cases to reach you with questions about your order. We sell neither
addresses nor telephone numbers from our sales records.
If you would rather not order on line with your credit card (MasterCard,
Visa, or American Express only, please), telephone orders, to be charged
to any of those same accounts, are welcomed. Please have all order-form
information ready, and call (888) AT STORE (888-287-8673; it's
toll-free) or (304) 535-6331, Monday through Friday (except holidays),
between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern time. If our customer-service
representative is on another call when you call or it’s after hours,
please leave your telephone number after the tone rather than keep
calling; she really will call you back just as soon as she’s free.
Orders also can be sent by fax at any time to (304) 535-2667.
Orders can also be mailed with payment, in U.S. dollars, by check or
money order or with credit-card information. COD orders will be charged
an extra fee of at least $4.50. Please don't send cash through the mail.
Because of extra bank charges on foreign-currency deposits, foreign
orders (including memberships) must be paid with a check or money order
in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. bank account or a charge to MasterCard,
Visa, or American Express. You also will be billed for actual shipping
costs, which probably will be greater than those shown on the order
form.
Although we are generally able to ship in-stock items within two working
days, please allow 10 days for your order to be processed, shipped, and
received. Unless otherwise requested, we ship orders the cheaper of
first-class mail (up to $3.00, for 11 to 32 ounces) or United Parcel
Service. If you have a street address, please use it instead of a
post-office box number, and let us know if the shipping address is a
business (it's cheaper and helps us avoid raising these rates as often
and as fast as our carriers do).
For rush service or special handling (available within the United States
only), please add $1.50 to the shipping-and-handling charge indicated on
the chart, and check the "Please rush" box on the form.
Overnight- or two-day-delivery orders—sent by Federal Express—can be
accepted until noon Eastern time; the charge, based on the weight of the
order, will be our cost plus the $1.50 and will be billed on credit-card
orders.