Re: [at-l] Cell phones in the news

Bear Bells wrote:
>someone to press 1 and send.
>Gets 911. Call is free to everyone no cell phone subsription service is
needed.

When I was working as a 911 dispatcher we got a call from someone using a
cell phone (this was back in 1989). The signal had bounced so many times (I
guess that is what happened) that I could not figure out where the guy was.
He was calling about a very very bad accident that had just occurred. I am
sorry to say it took us 3 minutes to figure out where he was (he was 300
miles north of us). It took us another 2 minutes to contact the authorities
that could help him. I'm not sure if that can happen today or if you would
get the nearest 911 operator. Something to check into though. KC aka War
Eagle