Re: [at-l] Cell phones in the news

In a message dated 1/1/99 9:36:20 PM EDT, thornel@ibm.net writes:

<< I read a brief story in today's paper about a cross-country skier on the
 CDT, braving 100 mph winds and severe cold, stumbling upon a crashed
 airplane and survivors. He used his cell phone to call rescuers and
 became a hero. There were no editorial comments offered. I wonder what
 his pack weight was.

This was on the News last night. The people on the airplane had the cell
phone. The skier went down the mountain and showed the rescuers were the crash
was.

Someone in the right place at the right time.

Wildbill