[at-l] Len Foote, etc.

Howdy Folks,

Not having walked Springer to Neels Gap since 1988 and planning to do so
next weekend, I have a few questions.  Also being too cheap to purchase a
new guidebook, I thought perhaps the good people on this list might be able
to help me out  :->

1)  The Len Foote shelter/hostel? about which I've heard mention-  What is
it and where is it?

2)  Any recent reports out there on water sources?  I spoke with Peggy at
Neels Gap two days ago and she reports that things are rather dry.

3)  What's the "Welcome Center" at Amicalola all about?  Is it the same as
item #1 above?

4)  My buddy and I will probably be replicating our '88 hike -Amicalola to
Hawk Mtn. to Gooch Gap to Neels Gap-  any comments out there on either of
those shelters, water sources, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

5)  Where's Felix?  I would very much enjoy it if our paths should cross.
Might be able to help with a ride to Atlanta too as I will be returning the
rental car to the Atlanta airport the evening of the 11th.

Thanks much folks.  Happy 1999

Chris